(Almost) Egg White Salad
Post may contain affiliate links
Christmas Came Early
It is here, finally here. I’ve been waiting months for the Instant Pot and I finally have it! I took advantage of some Black Friday deals and when it arrived…Christmas had come early!
I’ve been in the position so many times that our morning routine got crazy, I barely had time to get the kids out the door and then realized halfway through the day that I didn’t put out any meat to defrost for dinner. Aahhhhh!
Enter Instant Pot
The Instant Pot is a genius invention that combines pressure cooking, slow cooking goodness into one finely tuned machine. It seems a bit overwhelming at first if you are not familiar with pressure cooking but after a few uses, I felt like a pro. The whole idea of being able to prepare one meal, in one pot with one mess is AWESOME (can you hear me cheering?). I can saute ground beef in there then dump in other ingredients and…boom…chili in 15 minutes or less.
Hard Boiled Egg Claim
One of the main reasons I bought the Instant Pot were the claims I read about being able to make perfect hard boiled eggs in 7 minutes that were easy to peel. Those claims are dead on. Those eggs are so nicely cooked that my kids can even peel them.
I love hard boiled eggs as a snack or quick morning go-to. I love them especially as a lunchtime favorite, Egg Salad. I remember growing up with my Mom’s version of Egg Salad and it was always a weekend lunch I looked forward to. I am inspired by hers to share my version with a focus on quality ingredients and great macro nutrient values.
Healthy (almost) Egg White Salad
2 whole hard boiled eggs
4 hard boiled egg whites only
2 oz 0% fat plain Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons yellow mustard
1 teaspoon Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar
2 ounces diced cucumbers
2 ounces diced pickles
Salt and Pepper to taste
To Make Hard Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot
- Place Instant Pot basket inside main pot.
- Add in as many eggs as you’d like to hard boil (I did a dozen and used 6 for the salad and kept 6 for snacks)
- Add 1 cup water
- Place lid on, lock in place and plug in Instant Pot.
- Select manual setting and adjust timer for 6 minutes..BOOM!
- Once time is up you can allow the pot to cool on its own or use the quick release option to make it release pressure a bit faster.
- Place eggs in fridge to cool until you can handle them well enough to peel. (The peeling part was my favorite because the shells come off flawlessly after coming out of the the Instant Pot)
Click Below To See How To Make Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
To make the (Almost) Egg White Salad:
- Once eggs are peeled and rinsed, keep 2 whole eggs and the whites of the the other four eggs. The great part here is you an adjust the ratio of whole eggs to whites to meet your own nutrient demands. If you are looking to add more fat to your meal, add in yolks or vice versa.
- Using one of my all time favorite kitchen tools, the Chopper, chop eggs, cucumber and pickles. If you don’t have a Chopper, dice with a knife or throw in a food processor for a quick few pulses. Then add ingredients to a bowl.
- Combine yogurt, mustard and Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar along with eggs and veggies and mix together thoroughly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve alongside your favorite high quality cracker or eat alone (which is so easy to do).
Total Macros in 1 serving of the salad:
27 grams of protein, 10 grams of fat and 4 grams of carbs (amazing right!)
You need an Instant Pot in your life. It does so many awesome things and the notion of one meal, one pot and one mess is a major time saver.
And don’t forget to check out my Instant Pot Board on Pinterest for more Instant Pot Recipes, tips and tricks!
Work Hard Be Kind,